Monday, May 13, 2019

North Bergen Mayoral Election

tomorrow the town I live in, North Bergen, NJ, will have its mayoral election. For the past few months my neighborhood has been plastered with unflattering election signs and posters and I've been ignoring the doorbell ringing and door knocking of political zealots who wanna sell me their candidate-messiah. My mailbox has been overflowing with junk mail gossip produced by the two candidates trash talking one another which I'm sure they both think is worthy of the trees sacrificed to print them. And there's no escape on my social media either because I'm dumb enough to like pages that have anything to do with this town. Tomorrow I will vote in the mayoral election because I think it's important to participate in gov't elections on all levels in America. But I'll be really glad when it's all over. Neither candidate has been heavy on substance. Mostly just a whole lot of shit taking. Not one debate. I think a couple of 6 year old's could've provided us a better showing of democracy. But it is what it is and it probably only feels important because I live here. I know whenever I drive through any other town and see their dumb mayoral window/yard signs everywhere, I think to myself, 'Who cares about these 2 nobodies outside of this dumb town anyways?'

No comments: