Sunday, May 18, 2014

hockey hair

finally got around to seeing the movie, 'slap shot,' thanks of course to netflix. i just hopped on the netflix wagon a few weeks ago and so far it's been awesome. i think that's largely due to me being the king of, 'i haven't seen that movie.' this is a good chance for me to try to get caught up with any movie my peers shamed me for not seeing over the years. so far, anytime i scroll through my choices, there's definitely more stuff i haven't seen than have. 'slap shot,' was a lot like, 'major league,' in that i enjoyed, 'major league,' more than watching baseball and i enjoyed, 'slap shot,' more than most hockey games i've ever watched (to be fair, i haven't watched a bunch of them). i have seen a few exciting hockey games in my life, but for the most part i have a hard time keeping my interest peaked for the average hockey game. it also provides me with a new answer to the question, 'who is your favorite hockey player?' to which my answer from now on will be, the hanson brothers, duh.

i've been so reluctant to get netflix over the years because i feared it would kill my productivity. and yea, i probably could've done something better with my time today than sit around and watch a movie... but i can't beat myself up too much for slacking off. i've kept myself busy lately and i'm kinda tired. i think i needed a little time to slack off by myself. besides, i'm having financial issues. i don't have a debit card at the moment (reference my previous post for an explanation as to why), and the atm card my bank gave me doesn't work and i can't inquire about it till tomorrow. so i have no cash on me at the moment. i'm experiencing what it's like to be broke even though i'm not broke. so leaving the house was futile. there's not much i could do without spending a little cash.

i do cohost an open mic tonight at the wild rover in guttenberg so that'll be my getting out of the house excursion. luckily it's close to home and i can pay my tab another day so cash won't be absolutely necessary. and it's a win/win because i get to keep my stand up muscles warm for another day.

i cut my hair today. i think it makes my beard look more fierce... like it suddenly seems to stick out more now that my hair's short and it doesn't blend in to it. at first i was a little on edge about how i looked and a part of me was seriously contemplating shaving the beard. but i think i got used to it over these past few hours and i think the beard will live on until further notice.




No comments: