Friday, September 9, 2011

sick day

so i took today off of work cuz i was waiting on an exterminator to come to my house cuz i live in a really old building that has bugs in it. at first i was hoping that i'd be able to slide with 1/2 a day out of work and make it in for the 2nd half, but here i am at 4:47pm... i have just officially given up on this dude showing up at all today (i say dude cuz are there really any female exterminators out there? i'm all for equality for all but that's some equality i've never seen in person).

i've kept myself confined to my apartment all day. i feel like when i was a kid and i used to stay home from school and my parents would tell me if i was gonna stay home, that meant no going out. so i wasted the day away watching tv mostly... i went back and forth from espn's to my dvr backlog. i napped a lot too. then i wasted some time on the internet and now here i am blogging.

i have yet to shower. i didn't wanna be in the shower and miss the exterminator. all i've eaten is 2 granola bars cuz that's kinda all i have laying around my house. i was really ill prepared for this. i mishandled this like i mishandle a ton of things in my life... i woke up thinking it was all gonna work out the way i wanted it to. i assumed i'd wake up, dude would get here early, and i could either try to make it for the 2nd half of work or do something cool with my added time off like maybe get a tattoo or something.

so shit didn't work out like that. and now i've wasted the whole damn day boring myself to tears. i'm done with this noise! i'm gonna finish this blog post, hit the park for a jog, shower, and then go out and eat like a goddamn pig!

the biggest bummer of all, i didn't watch the price is right today. my fault, i know. i was busy with nap #1 and totally missed it. but when it comes to the whole 'staying home from school' nostalgic trip... nothing tops that experience off like a viewing of price is right. i bet they even had planko and the hiking yodeling dude.

No comments: