Thursday, June 21, 2012

facebook on the bowl

i think everyone needs to know that i check my facebook while i'm on the bowl.... y'know... that bowl. as soon as facebook went mobile, long gone were the days of bringing books and magazines with me for my bathroom trips. no longer would i bring a pen and paper just in case i was so inspired to write something that couldn't wait. i no longer sit and ponder life's mysteries or plan out the remainder of my day. i check facebook.

so next time you post something on facebook, think of me! think of me on the bowl reading your status. is this something someone on the bowl would enjoy reading? it's a real bummer to read about depressing stuff while on the bowl. there's no way to come up with a proper response. i can't leave comments full of hope like, 'hope everything turns out better,' or 'keep your head up,' etc, etc...cuz that comment will be forever immortalized to me as a comment written from the bowl.

and when you post pics of your children, remember, i'm on the bowl. i'm sure they're adorable and just need to be shared with the facebook world. but i'm in an inconvenient position in the sense that nothing is adorable to me right now... not your baby, not puppies, or kittens, or baby ducks.

in a perfect world, facebook would be full of jokes and mirth and nothing serious. i know i can't eliminate all the seriousness in social networking and that's not my plan. i just think it's fair that you know that while you're all full of some sorta serious inspiration, it's being received on the other end by a dude on the bowl. i just don't have the mental capacity to do serious at the moment.




No comments: