Thursday, March 15, 2012

welcome home, your place is a mess

yesterday, (wednesday), i called my super and asked if he could fix the ceiling in my bathroom. there was a leak coming from upstairs and my ceiling was gross and damp and needed to be attended to. so he checked it out, called me back, and said he'd fix it on friday.

to my surprise i came home from work today (thursday) and see that my super had been here and had in fact fixed my bathroom ceiling a day early. awesome. one less thing i gotta worry about (until the next time the leak comes through cuz this is the third ceiling fix i've needed while living here).

and i'm appreciative of my super and his willingness to break his back every time something breaks or gets fucked up around the building (buildingS really, he's a super for three buildings, all owned by the same dude). so i'm sure this dude's job is no joy ride and it's probably one of the last things i'd ever wanna do for a living (i'm also horribly uncrafty and useless when it comes to fixing stuff).

but to my dismay and utter frustration, my place was a mess. there were traces of plaster and paint throughout my apartment. my entire bathroom needed to be wiped down. dude didn't do much to clean up after himself.

and this might just sound like me being bitchy... but here me out here. if you hired a chef to come over and cook for you, wouldn't it take some of the joy out of the experience if you had to do the dishes when dinner was done?

i don't know if that's a shitty analogy or not.... but i'd also like you to consider the idea that i don't ask for a leak in my bathroom ceiling. this is also the third fix i've needed for the same leak. the whole thing is a total inconvenience on me and me alone.

so after all the inconveniencing this experience puts me through, i have to come home after a day of work and clean up a mess too? that sucks! i didn't sign up for this. i walked through the door with ideas of chilling out... i've been working all damn day, my plan was to order greasy take out and watch a dvr'd episode of the latest 'south park.' i was psyched and ready to chill the fuck out.

so now i've just finished cleaning for the past hour or so.... i'm kinda pissed about it, pissed enough that there was something else i wanted to write about tonight but this took immediate priority cuz i had to get it out of my system. i'm not even sure if this post is gonna be entertaining to anyone but me... and even then it's probably only entertaining to me now as i write it cuz it's me letting my frustrations out somehow.

my hands smell like bleach. i didn't want this... not tonight. all i wanted was a cheese steak sandwich and some couch time.

i'm done. food and south park are calling. gonna salvage what remains of tonight.

1 comment:

3square said...

That was a shitty analogy. I cook, you clean. That's how it goes. I totally would not have expected to have to clean up after that dude though.