Friday, January 1, 2010

shameless self promotion

i just set up a wireless network in my house for my new net book i got for my birthday. i needed to come up with a name for my network. i wanted it to be something that sounds or seems semi-interesting. all the other networks i saw out there had boring names and i wanted to add something animated to the blah landscape. for the most part everyone else named their networks with their own name or the last name of their family (the one exception was GOSTEELERS... whatever front runner). YOU'RE ALL BORING!!! put a little thought and creativity into it!

being the shameless self promoter that i tend to be at times, i chose to name my wireless network after my blogspot. so when you see my network, you'll see:

GOTOJOSHAINTFUNNYBLOGSPOTCOM

unfortunately i couldn't put "." in between the words, so it's just one big, jumbled up, run on word... but i think people will get the picture. i'm sure this form of self promotion will send the traffic over to my blogspot in hordes. i can't wait! i'm sure i'll see witty comments like:

"HEY! UNLOCK YOUR NETWORK SO I CAN STEAL SOME OF YOUR BANDWIDTH DOUCHE BAG!"

or

"YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK NAME BLOWS!"

y'know, top notch literature in the form of internet blurbs.

in closing, i feel like i did an excellent job in naming my wireless network. let's hope i'm still this good if i ever have to name children (some of my current ideas for child names include Ninja, Robot, and Boxtrotriotfest).


ps- i can't afford a billboard......

pps- i am accepting donations for the whole billboard thing, which i will probably end up spending on booze! either way, it's a good cause, so loosen up them pockets tight wad!)

ppps- i'll try to never use a ppps in any of my blogs ever again.

2 comments:

dirbab said...

hahaha, that's fucking clever! i named mine "virus.exe" so that people would be too scared to even TRY to guess my password. :]

josh said...

good idea! no one will wanna mess with that.