Sunday, March 15, 2009

maybe the worst headache of my life

seriously, today, i woke up with maybe the worst headache of my whole entire life. it was awful. i just laid around trying to get the energy to get up, shower, and go to cvs to purchase advil. but that didn't come easy. i didn't wanna do shit. i didn't wanna hear shit. i was getting text messages and i had to put my phone on vibrate cuz the noise was too much. even texting itself was aggravating.

eventually i got up to shower. the shower was a bit relieving. i got up, fed the cats, and then the headache came back full blast. i was so close to making my cvs journey, but i couldn't do it. all i could do was lay on my couch and stare at the wall in silence.

this lasted for like an hour. and then the headache started weakening. i got up, went to cvs and finally got my advil. once the advil hit my system, the headache was gone for good.

i deserved it. i'm no victim. i decided to hang out at the rover for their st patty's celebration. i went at 6pm. they close at 2am. so i was out on an 8 hour drinking binge. there's gotta be some hell to pay for that sorta thing.

naturally, i told myself in the midst of the headache that i won't be drinking tonight at open mic. but that was hours ago and i'm pretty certain i will be doing stand up with my usual miller lite in hand, or nearby.

No comments: