Sunday, June 3, 2012

i don't wish you were here

yesterday i was listening to the radio and pink floyd's, 'wish you were here,' came on. i'm a pretty big pink floyd fan. i always get pretty excited when i hear them on the radio... mostly cuz i have no faith in the radio anymore so it's always a nice surprise to here some floyd.

i've always had a high regard for, 'wish you were here.' it's a great song and it's always been pretty sentimental to me. anytime it comes on, i can think of someone out there  in the world that i wish was still around that isn't.... be it an ex-girlfriend, ex-friend, someone who moved far away, or even worse, a friend who's no longer with us.

but yesterday when it came on, i caught a different feeling... a new feeling. one i've never felt while listening to that song. it wasn't hitting me like it used to. and i think i know why... cuz mentally i've changed. i don't sit around missing people anymore. in most cases, if there's someone who doesn't wanna be in my life, then it's by their choice and i should totally be okay with that and just let it be.

'wish you were here,' used to speak up for that part of me that always wanted someone to come back into my life... usually someone who wasn't coming back. but much like the title of the song, i'd wish they could be around anyhow.

but now i know that if someone doesn't wanna put the effort into being a part of my life, then it's best to accept that and move on and not get sappy about it and waste my energy, thoughts, or focus on something that's beyond my control.

i know there's exceptions to this rule. like if someone moves far away for work or whatever... i get it. you can wish that person was still around. but i don't really have that person in my life at the moment. i look around and am completely satisfied with the people i see surrounding me. shit's good. how could i possibly wish for anything more?




No comments: