Thursday, September 8, 2011

a new season / a new beginning

tonight is officially the first game of the nfl season which means my fantasy football season officially starts tonight as well.

i love the start of a new season. i get to draft a whole new team of nfl athletes to fill my roster and fill me with hope that this is the year.

forget the past. forget all the crummy seasons of the past. forget all the times i've found myself in the bottom 3 places 3 weeks before the season ends and i'm trying to work out the miraculous mathematics it would take to get my underwhelming team into at least the 6th seed of the playoffs.

this is the year! this is the team! my bad news bombsquad will dominate! they will dominate all season long, beginning to end and into the playoffs. it will be my avatar that proudly lifts up the yahoo fantasy championship trophy at the end of this season.

i've got years of bad seasons in my rear view. i've had seasons so bad that it would be completely logical for me to just give up (like i did with baseball fantasy leagues, seriously fuck that shit, i'm truly done with fantasy baseball). but not this season. this is the season that i look forward and burn the past. all that losing, it's like it never happened. this is a new team, a new season, and a new me.

the sky's the limit! this year i dominate!

No comments: