Thursday, June 3, 2010

I saw conan o’brien!

If you don’t know, I’m a huge conan fan! And last night I had tickets to go see his live, ‘legally prohibited from being funny on tv’ tour at radio city music hall. it was awesome from beginning to end! I laughed my ass off surrounded by my fellow team coco brethren! It was a good night, one to definitely be remembered.

He pulled out some old tricks from the late night show that he didn't get to do on the tonight show, like the masturbating bear (which has been renamed to the ‘self-pleasuring panda’ due to legal issues) and the walker texas ranger lever. Conan was wacky, weird, witty, intelligent, self-deprecating, and funny as ever. it was a joy to see him with the leash a little loosened. He was stealing vodka from fans and drinking and cursing on stage (not overly vulgar, but he cursed a little which you’d never see on tv, and he even got the audience to call him a PUSSY in unison).

I’m not gonna go into super specifics of the show. I personally don’t like when people try too hard to describe something that’s inevitably going to end with, ‘I guess you had to be there.’ but it had everything a good show should have… laughs, music, special guests, an insult comic, fan participation and an all around good time!

It left me stoked for conan’s return to tv. His new tbs show will definitely be on the top of my dvr list.

In a selfish way, I’m glad this whole ‘tonight show’ dilemma happened to conan. I never took advantage of seeing his show live when he was in NYC. So as soon as I found out about this show (which wouldn’t have happened if he was still on the tonight show) I had to get tix for it! and I think I probably got a better experience than seeing a tv recording. It was a live performance in a theater, never to be televised. It’s like our own special experience that no one else can get in on.

In closing-
Conan’s the man! I could go on and on about the things that make him awesome. If I lived my life to only be half as awesome as conan o’ brien, I’d consider my life a total success!


ps- if you're interested in what people who were at the show thought- check out twitter and search #oldyolsen

as you came into the theater there were signs posting that stated if you were gonna tweet about the show, to use that hashtag. pretty cool.

2 comments:

philwells said...

also, reggie watts is a mad scientist of funny and funk.

robin said...

You need one of these....
http://superpunch.blogspot.com/2010/06/conan-obrien-lego-cubedude.html