Friday, November 16, 2012

my well slept lifestyle

i just woke up from a nap. it's friday, 9:19pm. i got in from work at about 7pm and wasn't sure what to do with my night or how to begin my weekend. as a dude with no plans, i took a minute to ponder things while laying down on my bed. next thing i knew, i knocked out and now here i am typing this up.

i don't know how people who are sleep deprived do it. it seems to be a popular thing though. i hear a lot of people talk about not sleeping well or never getting a full night's sleep and i can't imagine living life like that. sure, i have my sleep deprived night here or there, but sooner or later i have to play a game of catch up which usually turns into a sleep marathon somewhere within the next three days of my life.

and i don't understand how people suffer from insomnia. i know that they do and that sucks and if i could, i'd type up a magic spell to make it go away. i can't imagine what it's like to put my head to pillow and not fall asleep sometime soon. when i'm tired, my body and my mind never fail me. they always do the right thing and shut this whole process down. sometimes i find myself able to go to sleep even if i'm not tired but it just seems like the logical thing to do.

and the odd thing is, i'm not an overly tired person. it's not as if the clock hits a certain time and suddenly my body goes into shutdown mode. i like being up late. i like being out and about at night. i like catching last call at bars and hitting a diner after. i enjoy staying up late and catching up with tv, movies, reading, the internet, and so on. most days, i'd assess myself as a pretty energetic person. maybe it's cuz i sleep so well.

i guess the trade off for my well slept life is that i'm not a morning person. but who is? i think people who actually like the mornings might be more the exception than the rule. or maybe i'm just crazy. maybe i should be sacrificing some of this daily dose of good night's sleep to wake up and smell the early morning roses. but i won't. early morning might as well be 12 noon to me. all hours before that seem like part of the warm up for a day that hasn't really begun yet.

No comments: