Wednesday, May 30, 2012

50 shades of josh

recently i was able to obtain a free copy of, '50 shades of grey,' on my e-reader. i had to get a glimpse of this book to see what all the hype was about. i'm not usually one to fall for hype. usually a whole lot of noise don't mean much to me... and most times it usually has an opposite effect on me. if i hear there's something everyone is reading, it kinda makes me not wanna read it. guess it has something to do with being an unpopular kid or something.

anyways... this book was different. it was making different noise. i was coming across references to it everywhere online... reading about it in blogs and articles. snl did a sketch about it (a pretty good one at that). and apparently according to the buzz, this book is plenty erotic. since i was able to get a free copy, i couldn't resist the urge anymore... curiosity won.

so i started reading away on my e-reader. it was boring. i couldn't get into it. i guess i'm a bit guilty of expecting a lot of raunchy stuff up front. that wasn't the case. the characters bored me. and probably because the copy was free... i started thinking about all the other books of the world i could or should be reading. so many more important books await me... here i am reading '50 shades of grey,' and yet i've never read one thing by kurt vonnegut.

i ditched '50 shades of grey.' never even got to the raunchy parts.

i did pick up a copy of 'slaughterhouse five,' by kurt vonnegut. very awesome book, i highly recommend it.

an interesting side note... while i had, '50 shades of grey,' in my e-reader, a friend offered to upload an issue of rolling stone magazine for me to read. i took her up on the offer. but then i realized she was gonna have to open up my library and see what was in there. i'm not gonna say i was ashamed to have had, '50 shades of grey,' in my library... guess just a bit awkward. she never mentioned it but i'm sure she saw it... and since she's a 20 something year old female, i'm sure she's up on her shit and knows all about, '50 shades of grey.'

but it was a kick ass rolling stone! so thanks!

2 comments:

3square said...

two words: shared accounts. That could've been anyone's copy. ;)

Josh Wells said...

YES! that's it. it's my shared account. that's like a license to be caught publicly with any sorta filth.