Wednesday, April 4, 2012

blog break but not broken

so okay, i haven't blogged in a bunch of days.... about seven i think. and that's probably the longest break i've taken from posting new stuff in quite some time. and i suppose i could unload a bunch of excuses as to why..... as if i need excuses not to blog or as if i have some sorta rabid readership that would even demand that in the first place.

no, i have no excuses. i haven't felt like writing anything. and now, to end the week long stagnation, i'm gonna take the easy way out and write about not writing. so technically, this is all just some sorta watered down attempt at a blog post so i can say to you, them, or my reflection in the mirror, "see, i wrote something...."

i don't know why i put that kinda pressure on myself to write. there's something about this whole blog thing that i enjoy immensely... but i can't put my finger on it exactly.. all i know is i start typing and i think to myself, 'this is pretty cool.' and then 2 people read it, 1 might be brave enough to leave a comment, and then it remains of the internet, doomed to be ignored for all of eternity.

i'm not complaining. i mean sure, if you're reading this now, i guess you could do your part and tell a friend, or tell all your facebook friends, or put it on twitter, or rent a billboard outside the lincoln tunnel.

but there's a part of this... actually a huge part of this, probably the majority at the least, that is extremely selfish. most of the time i'm just blabbering on about something unimportant or insignificant...

what gives me the right to take up precious space on the internet to leave my own unimportant imprint?

i don't know dude. all i know is i'm on the internet a lot and i constantly run into things that make me say, 'this is way worse than my blog.' and that thought makes me happy, and so i keep on blogging.

so there you have it. there's the real reason for this watered down attempt at sharing my soul with my awesomely anonymous internet audience.... i'm pretty sure even though my blog's not "popular," "cool," or, "trendy," it's still cooler than a lot of other shit on the internet. and as long as there's shit on the internet that i find to be dumber, shittier, or less cool than what i'm contributing... i'm gonna give it my best to keep on doing it.

so get off my back will ya? jeez you're demanding*.





* actually, you're not demanding enough.... in fact you don't demand at all. maybe try pestering me every so often... especially in front of other people... make a spectacle even... that'd be demanding, and then you would earn the accusation i just made.


2 comments:

~ Leche said...

kudos!! I just found out about it and think ur blog is awesome.

lol u've made at least one fan

Albert Lui - Photography said...

at most 2 fans, well maybe 3-4...





j/k love your blog.