Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Rosey Ending to My Previous Blog (The Sky is Falling.....)

When I woke up from my slumber on that same day my bathroom ceiling was repaired, I was experiencing feelings of relief and relaxation. I finally felt for the first time since the ceiling had fallen that I could chill out, relax, and do some nothing for a while. Time went by till about 8:30pm. That's when I realized that I needed a new shower curtain since I had thrown my old one out (it was completely filthy from the debris falling around it).

I figured this was no big deal. I'd hit the CVS around the corner from me and I'd pick one up. Get in, get out, it should take me less than 20 minutes in total. That wasn't the case once I actually got to CVS. They were reorganizing the whole store and moving aisles around. The place was a mess. It was totally disorganized and there were entire sections of shelves with no products on them. I walked around aimlessly for 15 minutes in denial that I couldn't find a shower curtain. Once I finally accepted that there weren't any to be found anywhere in the store, I decided to move my search elsewhere.

I hit Bergenline Ave, a main avenue in my town with tons of stores along it. I had to take a short bus ride to get to the heart of it. I got off the bus only to find store after store had closed at 8pm. Any place that I thought would possibly have a shower curtain for sale was dark inside with locked doors. I was starting to feel deflated. How would I go about showering without a curtain? That would be madness!

I decided to make one last ditch effort and hit a Walgreen's I knew of. It was about a 10 minute walk to get there. When I started to approach the entrance, I noticed my brother and his wife, Alli walking out of the same Walgreen's. I screamed my brother's name out.

"YO PHIL!"

From there we conversed and I filled him in on my search for a shower curtain and it's tragic results so far. That's when Alli said she had an extra shower curtain at home she could give me. Awesome! She said it was very bright with flowers on it. I was in no position to be picky, only thankful that my search took an odd twist to lead me to a very convenient ending.

We drove to their house, picked up the curtain, and then they drove me home. I went to my bathroom to hang up the new curtain. Once it was up, I stepped back and took it in. As bright and flowery as it was, I was simply happy to see my bathroom looking like an authentic bathroom again. In fact, the flowers and bright colors really light up the place.

So that's it.... that's my rosey, colorful, flowery ending to this whole story.

Thanks for the shower curtain! It really ties the bathroom together.

No comments: