Wednesday, September 15, 2010

a follow up to my previous post

SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!

if you have not read my previous post, 'my indifference smells awful,' then you probably don't want to read this post any further. it's a quick add on and afterthought to my previous post so go read that one first!

you've been warned!!

i started my day today by running into one of my neighbors who was just standing around outside. i asked her in passing, "can you believe that smell?" that was all i had to say to her to receive the full explanation of what exactly caused last night's horrible odor in my hallway.

she told me that my one neighbor had thrown some unused fish parts away. he put them in with his regular trash and for some odd reason, instead of bringing the garbage outside where it belongs, he put it outside his door inside the hallway to rot for a while. one of my other neighbors smelt the garbage and knocked on his door and asked him to please throw his garbage outside because it was stinking up the whole building.

he brought the garbage outside and the annoyed neighbor cleaned that section of the hallway with lysol, which seemed to do little to help. i can only imagine that horrific smell magnified without the help of lysol.

to tie this all together with a pretty bow on top, the neighbor who was responsible for the smell was the same neighbor i ran into the night before when i got in from work. as i was checking my mail, all he told me was that he opened all the doors and lit incense and a candle because of the awful smell. he decided to leave out the minor detail that he was the culprit behind this smelly offense. so by saving himself a little pride, i was sent away with just the slightest fear that one of my neighbors was dead and rotting away. this officially marks him as a, "he who denied it, supplied it," type of person to the fullest degree.

No comments: