Tuesday, March 24, 2009

poop on my hand

This is the story about how I got poop on my hand. Hope you enjoy.

No one should ever let me sing at open mic.

So James and Chet were up there doing their thing, and people were demanding a poop song from Chet. (He’s got a slight reputation to improvise songs, good ones at that, on the spot about poop, and sometimes about drugs too).

I forget who it was, but someone told me to go up there and help out with lyrics. And this is always a bad idea…. but when I have a few drinks in me, I no longer fear such bad ideas.

So it kinda turned into a punk-ish thing so I started improvising lyrics on the spot, all about poop and pooping.

I don't think it was very good, but I called it poop-core, and I think a movement was started very accidently.

After getting off the mic, marylee told me that I should write “poop core” on my hands. I thought this was a terrific idea, so I grabbed a pen and wrote “poop” on my left hand. I never did write “core” on the other hand. Cuz I can’t really write with my left hand.

But then I realized other people were doing it too. I think like 2 or 3 other people ended up writing “poop” on their hands.

that’s how we roll at open mic… just a bunch of silly fuckers messed up on the silly juice doing silly things.

So anyways, I woke up the next day in a daze, rushing around for work. I took a shower, but I didn’t give my hand the rough washing it needed. And when I got to work, I realized that if you looked hard enough, you could still see remnants of the word “poop” written on my hand. And I type all day, there’s no hiding that shit.

but i don't think anyone noticed... and if they did, they never said anything.

So that’s it. that’s the story about how I got poop on my hand.

No comments: